About the Company
Playvalve is a vibrant fast-growing gaming studio with an eye on the future. Our mission is to build fun and relaxing games meant to last, and we do that by bringing together a team of experts who love what they do. Our talented designers, artists, engineers, marketeers and analysts have created several games delivering joy and entertainment to over 20M users across more than 12 languages and 90 countries.
About the Role
As a Senior Data Engineer you will own the company’s data engineering strategy. You will work closely with the marketing, product and tech teams to provide the structure and tools to elevate their work and goals. As a senior member of the team, you are expected to work autonomously, always prioritizing your goals based on effort and impact. You will be asked to partake in iterating over the company’s data strategy as well as its day to day operations. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will have the opportunity to influence the direction of our data initiatives and mentor junior team members, fostering a culture of collaboration, learning, and growth.
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining scalable and efficient data pipelines, ensuring data quality, and optimizing data processing performance.
- Strengthening our Data stack to bear the load of our ever expanding, data driven business
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, including Data Analysts/Scientists, Game Designers, Product Managers and Marketers, to define data requirements and deliver data-driven insights that influence user acquisition, game design, user experience and ad monetization.
- Developing and maintaining data models, ETL processes, and data warehousing solutions to support analytics, machine learning, and reporting.
- Ensuring data security and compliance with industry regulations and best practices.
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving data-related issues to improve data reliability and maintain data integrity.
- Proactively identifying opportunities for data architecture improvements and implementing changes to optimize system performance and scalability.
- Staying current with the latest data engineering trends, technologies, and best practices to ensure that our data infrastructure remains cutting-edge and efficient.
- Mentoring and providing guidance to junior data team members, fostering a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering in the gaming industry, with a proven track record of designing and implementing large-scale data processing systems
- Expertise in SQL, Python, or other programming languages used in data engineering
- Experience building complex and robust data architectures handling large amounts of data.
- Ability to understand business needs across multiple teams and execute to achieve their targets
- Experience building the scalable data architectures for Android & iOS games to support Marketing, Product and Ad monetization teams
- Familiarity with cloud-based data storage and processing platforms (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud Platform, or Azure).
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and ETL processes.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, allowing you to deliver complex information clearly to your colleagues
- Eligible to work in Barcelona
- Professional-level English
- Industry competitive salary
- 23 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays.
- Flexible core working hours. Partial remote working allowed
- Yearly learning allowance
- Weekly Team Lunch
- Free Coffee and Beer in the office
- Team of international professionals in a friendly working environment